Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Some of my lately reads...

:: The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels ::
(3 out of 5 stars) 
I've been following Ree's blog for quite a while now, being a fan of her yummy recipes and all. Her book was kind of a disappointment though, I confess I was expecting a bit more. The first part of the book was kind of a bore, but by the second part it got a bit better. The writing is not impressive, I felt that she was repeating the same thing over and over again. Per general I enjoyed it mostly because of the fun parts, those funny bits saved it for me. 


(3 out of 5 stars
Since The Fault in Our Stars, I've been trying to decide what should my next John Green read be. After a while I decided to just go with this one. The first part bored me, I kept to it though because I was expecting it to get better. I felt like it got a bit better by the second part, but not enough. I don't know, I just felt like it could have been better. The characters were pretty simplistic and plain, in my opinion. I enjoyed it per general, it just didn't impress me, to be honest. 



:: Gone Girl ::
(5 out of 5 stars)
Now this one, wow! After I finished it, I wasn't sure if it was a 4 or a 5 star read. But I finally decided upon giving it 5 stars. Let me just say this first: it was messed up, like really messed up. But I feel like that just gave the plot credibility and the characters' authenticity. It was one of the best novels I've read, definitely on my top ten novels list. The plot is really good, kept my heart in my throat the whole time. The characters are just brilliantly written. The characters' inner conversations, their thoughts, those journal entries, the duplicity, the psychological twists - they were all just genius. It was a really good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment