Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Audrey Bunny by Angie Smith

First of all, I need to say that I am a huge fan of Angie Smith. I am familiar with her story (I've been reading her blog for years) and read all her books (now). 
I couldn't wait to read Audrey Bunny because it's her first children's book and also it's another one inspired by her daughter's beautiful story. 

Audrey Bunny tells the story of a girl who got a not-so-perfect toy for her birthday and the way she loved it not in spite of that mark of imperfection but for it. I think it captures so well the imperfection struggles that children have even from early ages now. It's ultimately a beautiful portrayal of God's love for His children and it manages to explain so simply the Gospel's truth. 
There's the Parent Connection section at the end of the book that presents a relevant Bible passage and some questions and activities for a deeper understanding, which makes it a perfect tool for parents.

The first obvious thing I just loved about this book were the illustrations - absolutely beautiful. Breezy Brookshire did a wonderful job at it. Also, there are a couple of details from Audrey Caroline's story that were integrated so beautifully in the book: like the bunny's mark, the date of Audrey's birth, the cherry tree on the cover etc. I really loved that.
As I've mentioned before, Audrey Bunny is inspired by the story of Audrey Caroline. You can become familiar with it on Angie Smith's blog, or even better, you can read about it in her book I Will Carry You (warning: you will need lots of tissues. oh, but it's a beautiful one!). 

I gave it 5 starts because I love everything about it, really. I may be biased though, but I'm sure I'm not :).

>There's a sweet book trailer that you can check out. Also, you can find here the author's explanation of the bunny's mark.
>There's the narrated story video offered on B&H Publishing's Youtube Channel:

:: Angie Smith is an author, blogger, wife (of Todd Smith, lead singer of the hit Christian contemporary group Selah) and speaker. Many people have connected with her through her transparent, warm, witty writing about the life experiences Smith writes about. Her training is in psychology (a Master’s degree from Vanderbilt University in Developmental Psychology), and her blog gives her the opportunity to combine her two greatest passions: helping to heal people’s hearts and writing. Her recent books include "What Women Fear: Walking in Faith That Transforms" (2011) and "I Will Carry You: The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy" (2010).

I have requested this book from B&H Publishing in exchange for an honest review. The ideas and opinions expressed here are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment