Tuesday, August 12, 2014

What I've read lately...


:: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey (4 out of 5 stars) is a really catchy and well written novel. The plot is very psychological and the characters were extremely complex. I finished it in a few days, but just because I didn't have the time to just sit down and finish it (which I was very tempted to do). I really enjoyed it, except for the language (bad words, cussing, vulgarity), but it kinda added to the authenticity of the characters.

:: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (3 out of 5 stars) is a young adult/teen novel. I have to say it was sort of disappointing for me, because I've expected more based on the reviews I've read about this book. But I liked it per general: it was an easy read, I liked the way the author structured the chapters, the plot wasn't predictable although it seemed to me a little too abrupt at the end. 

:: The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan (4 out of 5 stars) is a collection of fiction and nonfiction essays. What I really liked about this book was the writing, she is a really good writer. I liked the stories too, especially the nonfiction essays. She is such a young and passionate spirit, and you can feel that throughout the pages of this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment