Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Shack by Paul Young

At first I was a little skeptical as I started reading the book because of all the controversial talk and comments about it (I did my research before reading it). After I started it I was just hooked. It’s really well written, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I don’t really want to add to the comments out there that say the book is not biblical, because Young himself says this book is a metaphor about God and the journey understanding suffering. Therefore, I find it useless to consider it other than a novel. It was actually written initially for his children at his wife’s suggestion.

Like I said, it is a really good written novel, and I enjoyed it as that. I also loved the personification of Trinity, I guess what I loved about it was that it challenged me to think outside the box when thinking about my God. I mean, I came to analyze and diagnose my relationship with the Lord, the way that I perceive Him. And I actually love the fact that Young went so far with the personification of Trinity because it is a real challenge for the reader to analyze his/her own perception of God, which I believe it’s important for an authentic relationship.

As I mentioned earlier, before reading the book I did my research and I found a video of Young explaining a bit about what he wanted this book to be.

[read in August 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment