Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cruel Harvest by Fran Elizabeth Grubb


This is a story of survival written by a child who grew up a lot faster than a child should and experienced the raw and cruel face of life like few people do. It is a sad and hopeful story and I feel like words can’t do it justice.

I loved it, it is a story that shocks and terrifies but I loved how in the end Love always finds a way to give hope and restoration to a broken and lost soul, and that’s exactly what this book is about. I admire and truly appreciate the author’s courage to open up with her life story, I can only imagine how hard that must have been.

What I liked the most about this book is that in the middle of the terrifying pages of it you can find little pieces of hope and prayers of a child who knew, in the middle of life’s darkest circumstances, in her heart that there was a God somewhere, a good, caring and loving God:
She assured me that one day I would learn to read. Until then, I could make up words that were good and pretend I was talking to God. So I read what I thought the page would say. “God is with me every day,” I read. “I am not alone. God knows who I am and He cares when I am hungry or afraid. God looks down from heaven and He sees all the children who need Him.”


I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com; book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment