Sunday, July 29, 2012

Love Does by Bob Goff

It is a practical book but at the same time, the author shares a lot of stories about people who influenced his life and faith and also life experiences that shaped his image of God and the way he now thinks about faith and God’s love.

From the first stories in the book you can see that Bob Goff is the kind of man that does things and takes risks without thinking or planning very much ahead. I liked his take on life, maybe because I am the exact opposite or maybe because it allowed him to be open to a life full of adventure and great experiences with God and other people.

The book is really great to read, it has a lot of interesting and crazy stories that made me giggle a lot. Even though I thought that maybe his life philosophy was a little simplistic I think I came to realize that love is really all about deeds and not about ideas or words, or even feelings. We tend to have an opinion about everything but stop at that. Well, I think this book is kind of a challenge for us to go beyond having an opinion and start doing something, start experiencing, because there’s more to life than this, we are invited to a great adventure that starts with doing things, because:
Love is never stationary. In the end, love doesn't just keep thinking about it or keeps planning for it. Simply put: love does.




I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com; book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

L

No comments:

Post a Comment