Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Simple Secrets to a Happy Life by Luci Swindoll


When I got the book in the mail I was instantly attracted by the cover. I loved it, I am a sucker for neat covers, and when it came in hardcover too, I was thrilled :).
I finished it really quickly since it’s really lovely organized: into 5 main parts, each containing 10 simple secrets. And the chapters are short as well. She shares from simple things like how to make lists to stay organized to deep spiritual lessons.

What I loved most about the book was really the author’s attitude towards life in general. She is a joyful spirit with a positive attitude that is contagious. These simple secrets that she shares in the book are what experience taught her in these years lived fearlessly and with a courageous and curious take towards what life had for her. And that all comes from her strong relationship she has with the Lord. I also loved that throughout the book she seemed to have the right verse or quote for every circumstance she talked about.

I also loved her transparency and wisdom that filled the pages of the book. She lives every second at the fullest, she masters that. You get to know the author and love her. And I think Ann Lamott describes her perfectly in the foreword: “She’s the world’s soul mate. She is best friends with Jesus, so she shares from abundance, and lives from her core, of tenderness and humor and curiosity. She just wants to share her amazement and gratitude for Christ’s love, and the light with which He imbues our earth and our lives”.
And that’s what you see throughout the book.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com; book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:

Post a Comment