Saturday, May 19, 2012

Empty Promises by Pete Wilson


I must admit I came into reading this book with great expectations after reading Pete Wilson’s first book (Plan B) and loving it.

Empty Promises is the kind of book that you can’t read in one day or in a few hours. It is a book that contains so many good stuff that you can’t just read it and finish with it. It challenges you to closely examine and diagnose the possible empty promises that you’ve fallen for.

Pete Wilson tackles the problem of idolatry very precisely and accurately in this book. Even though in nowadays many of us might think that idolatry is not an issue anymore, Wilson points out the opposite. I love the fact that he gives a lot of Scripture references and examples of people in the Bible who struggled with one of the empty promises he talks about. What I also loved is that he isn’t shy about offering personal examples of his own struggles and short comings, which I believe makes us - the readers - feel more comfortable and safe and also sincere when diagnosing our own lives.

It is a great book and a valuable one. The author doesn’t conclude with some easy steps that will help you overcome the empty promises that you have fallen for, but he points out so beautifully to the One who can and desires to  satisfy us completely.





Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com; book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255


No comments:

Post a Comment