Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers


I read many of Francine River’s novels, and although I came every time with my bag of expectations into reading them, every time they were surpassed. That's what happened with this book as well.

Even though at first {in the first chapter, that is} I found it quite predictable, as I read through it that predictability was replaced by eagerness to find out more of what happens next, and that’s why I was so hooked I couldn’t just turn off my computer {I read it in pdf format}, so I finished it in 3 days.

The plot was at first {or at least I found it} a bit predictable, but then it was anything but predictable. I found myself crying and giggling at my laptop monitor, while reading the book. I love how Francine just takes you and introduces you into the character’s life, thoughts and inner struggles. 

Dynah was a young Christian girl having the perfect Christian life – born in a supportive, healthy Christian family, engaged with the perfect, charismatic, good-looking pastor to be. She was studying at a Christian College, she couldn’t have it all better for herself.
But all that changes in only one night, when something unexpected happens. From then on everything around Dynah changes, the life that she knew falls apart brick by brick. Everyone around her changes being exposed to their inner wounds and hidden secrets that were back to haunt their present decisions. Dynah has important decisions to make too, decisions she never thought she will have to even consider. Will she be influenced by everyone around her, or will she keep her faith strong and fall back on Jesus’ arms in complete trust, as she used too from when she was just a little girl?

I would recommend this book to everyone who wants to read a good novel, or to those who struggle with emotional wounds from a past abortion or has to make a decision about whether or not to have an abortion. I think the author manages very well this difficult subject and brings a lot of useful insight through the character's conversations or thoughts on this subject. 

A great book, indeed.:)



No comments:

Post a Comment