Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Reluctant Queen - The Love Story of Esther


Esther’s story as it is told by Joan Wolf is an amazing novel. It is captivating, it is well written, the characters are really well brought up and the plot catches you as you first start reading this book.

Even though the story of Esther here is different than the story in the Bible, for example the great king here is named Ahasuerus, a different character from king Xerxes in the Bible. Mordecai appears just a few times in the novel, I would have liked him more present. Also the reward of Mordecai is left out in the book, which I think it would have better explained Haman’s hate and actions.

I honestly didn’t mind very much that the story is not identically as the one in the Bible because I enjoyed this novel very much. It is really well written, and I loved the fact that it explains a lot of historic and cultural traditions, so that you can better understand the circumstances in which the characters live their lives.
I would recommend this book to everyone who wants to read an awesome, well written novel and a touching love story




Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com; book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment